what are the chances?

My ex husband left me for a 39 year old woman almost two years ago. he was 41 at the time. What are the chances of their "so called perfect" life together lasting? She has been married twice before, and was still with her husband then when they got together.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Lol, slim to none!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 2:27 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Yeah... not very likely.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:29 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Stastically second marriages are less likely to suceed than first ones. However some people buck the trends. My first marriage was a disaster but my second one is very stable.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:52 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Probably low, considering the chance of ANY marriage these days lasting...
    crickey82

Answer by crickey82 at 3:11 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I know you are looking for reassurance that he will be as miserable as he made you, and yes, it seems unlikely that they will have a lasting relationship since neither seems to be able to honor a commitment. However, sometimes people just end up in the wrong relationships and find happiness and take it. For your own sake, you might want to consider wishing the best for all of you and release the need for him to be miserable in order that you won't be.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:17 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• The chance is low that this will last, but the chance is there. You definitely have a right to be angry and it's understandable that your hurt. But you know what they say, the best revenge is living well. Let them reap what they sewed and you go out and have a wonderful life. Knowing what you know now, your relationships have a better chance of being healthy, lasting and loving. Just wish them well and be the bigger person, but you don't have to be so big that if or when their relationship fails you can't derive a little bit of secret satisfaction.
    Anonymous

• the chances are low, but I would not worry about them.. what you need to worry about is you.. moving on and starting over, THAT is what is more important.. it's time for you to let go and find someone else.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:24 PM on Feb. 4, 2009