What do I do about my stubborn ex?

My ex and I have been having a lot of issues with the visitation thing and the fact that he hasn't been taking care of our 2 year old daughter. I'd taken advice from people on here about what to do about it and asked him to document her day for me (eating, sleeping, and napping habits) and although he did return with it filled out it wasn't in his hand writing in was written by his aunt who doesn't even live with him and both days seem pretty much the same so I'm not sure that it has any truth to it, I think that they just tried to remember/made it up like an hour before they came to drop her off at the end of the weekend. I have asked him to do this kind of thing before and he refused saying that he doesn't have to so I think he just made things up to shut me up about it without him actually doing it. Is there any consequences for him making things up or telling me lies about what's happening when she is with him?

rltdancegurl

Asked by rltdancegurl at 2:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• I haven't heard any of your previous posts...but based on this one I would say he doesn't have to log in her napping and eating schedule and their is no way to prove he is making it up so it seems like you will have to let it go. Sucks I know but you can't make him cooperate on stuff like this either your on the same page or you are not.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:29 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• All I can say is if it was the other way around...Would you do it?

Some people would some people won't the ones that do is because they are the caring parent not only to their child but respect for the parent.

And the ones that don't don't like to be told what to do and pretty much just do what you ask to keep you happy and quiet.

So yes I do believe he is the "don't" kind of parent. as long as your child is happy when coming back from daddy's that is all that matters, because you can not hear or see anything that goes on behind closed doors. You just have to make the best of it. GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• You should stop being to demanding. Your ex is that child's parent too. You don't get to make all the decisions. You just HELP in making decisions. Just because your child doesn't go to bed when you say or eat that bag of celery sticks that you said to eat doesn't mean that hes endangering your child's life.
    BooHooMommy

Answer by BooHooMommy at 2:39 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• sorry but you should not ask him to do this if there is a problem then go to court if not leave him alone and let him be a father. If he ask you to do this how would it make you feel. If it where me I would tell you to take you list and well u see what I mean

kristie190

Answer by kristie190 at 2:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• as long as he is taking care of your daughter when she is with him and isn't leaving her with others i would let him be
    Anonymous

• Anonymous:

This is the major problem though, he works he retail meaning he has to work every weekend when he is supposed to have her so she is being left with others, either his mother, aunt or grandmother, while he is at work and out of the 48 hours that she is with him he only sees her for maybe 8 hours during that time, the other 40 somewhat hours she is with his family, whom are completely incompetent.
    rltdancegurl

Answer by rltdancegurl at 9:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• As long as she is fed, dry, and healthy when returned to you there is not much you can do to make him fill out some form. If you think abuse or neglect is going on get a lawyer and get one now...or call the police. Other than that you are just going to have to accept that you made a child with this idiot and you are stuck with each other for the next 18 yrs or so.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:22 PM on Feb. 5, 2009