UPDATE--How do you know if?

just got back from the doctor nothing is broken just sprained and severely bruised and will be sore for a few days; was told to use crutches when going to be out; they wrapped it and also said keep it elavated as much as possible; so guess hubs will be doing more around the house for awhile then he normally does(which is nothing)LOL just letting everyone know

you have broken a bone or if it just a sprain in your foot? I dropped a plaque made of ceramic on my foot this morning while cleaning and now my foot is black and blue; sore; swollen and hurts to put any pressure on it. I cannot drive to get myself to ER and husband doesn't get home till 4. Is there anything you would suggest to do until I can get in to have it looked at? Thanks any suggestions would be helpful. I have been keeping it elevated as much as possible but still have things around here that need to be done.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Aug. 10, 2012 in Health

• Stay off of it. I'd ice it
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:46 PM on Aug. 10, 2012

• Elevated and ice, take it easy, home projects can wait. I'd definitely go in to have it looked at ASAP.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 12:45 PM on Aug. 10, 2012

• elevat the foot with cold packs and take some ibuprohen to minimize swelling.

If you run your fingers along the bone you can usully tell if there is a break. There are hairline fractures that you would never know without and xray.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:47 PM on Aug. 10, 2012

• I would definitely go in to get it looked at. You could have hairline fractures that won't necessarily prohibit you from walking, but could lead to serious problems if not treated. I'd keep it up as much as possible, and go to the hospital or a clinic when your hubby gets home.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:54 PM on Aug. 10, 2012

• Elevate your leg and put ice on the foot.

Answer by louise2 at 1:34 PM on Aug. 10, 2012

• If you can move your foot, nothing's broken. I've broken a toe & not been able to move it before. As well as just hurting one & being able to move it.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:46 PM on Aug. 10, 2012

• it hurts to put any weight on it luckily I have crutches that have been using
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2012