What kind of vitamins do you give your children and why did you choose that particular vitamin?

I am interested in learning about different kinds of vitamins. Also, I would like to know at what age you began giving your child their vitamins so I can determine an appropriate vitamin for my children.

lovingmyfamily5

Asked by lovingmyfamily5 at 2:29 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Kids' Health

• my daughter takes gummy vitamins and has taken them since 3yrs old I think. She also takes a chewable vitamin C..not sure what bran but it is from the health food store.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• None and never will.

There are over a million micronutrients - to keep track of them is silly and to supplement sum would just be putting things out of balance in more so.

I focus on providing my son with lots of fruits and greens and focus on the macronutrients - enough protein, enough carbs and enough fat...and trust that the millions of micronutrients will fall into place.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 2:36 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I give mine a multi-vitamin and also a C supplement. My son is a picky eater and although we try to feed him a balanced diet, he won't always eat it. It has made a huge improvement in his overall health. He was sick all last winter with bronchitis, he's had it once and it was only a slight case. Ask your doctor for suggestions.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 2:46 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I give my daughter a chewable gummy vitamin. I bought a three month or so supply at Costco.
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 2:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Don't give your kids Vita Bears Gummy vitamins. They contain lead! Gummy vitamins have less vitamins than regular chewables. You have to give your kids 4 or 5 gummy vitamins to equal 1 Flintstone or Centrum Chewable! Plus they have alot of high frutose corn syrup!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 3:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• amydh...thanx for the info I will go home and read the label today. My daughter usedto take them all the time and for 6 months we have been terrible about getting the vitamins out, but she takes gummies..usually 2.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:57 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My dd is 20 months, so no chewables yet. She takes polyvisol when she's sick b/c she tends to get anemic then. Rest of the time it's just healthy diet. She's not picky at all, so that helps alot
    Anonymous

• We don't give any because our pediatrician has said we don't need to. If yours is recommending it, I would speak to him about which type to give....he'd have a better idea based on your child's diet...much better than we would.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My toddler has been using for almost 2 years nos Arbonne's Daily Power Punch and he loves it.
    This great-tasting power punch drink mix combines super food antioxidants with core vitamins and minerals known to support children's health. It has no artificial flavors, color or sweeteners.
    It is convenient, because he takes it with his breakfast like if it was fruit punch juice and he gets all the nutrients that he needs every single day. It is a little packet you add it to 6oz of water and shake it...it is for 2 years and up.
    Let me know if you care for a sample
    AImom

Answer by AImom at 11:24 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I give my children the children's multi chewable multi tarts from Nutrilite. They are great and the kids love them. I also give them the Nutrilite Braniums - that have the Omega 3 in them that they need. The Braniums are kind of like gummi bears.
    wisegal

Answer by wisegal at 9:52 AM on Feb. 5, 2009