Is it just me or are a lot of the self proclaimed "Christians' on this site not very christian-like?

After reading through so many posts, questions and responses on this site, one thing that jumps out at me is the tendency for many to judge people based on their beliefs... What's up with that? Don't people realize that there are many ways to live your life and just because you pick one way doesn't make it the only way or better way?!?!

jliv131

Asked by jliv131 at 2:42 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I havent noticed that. I think people who judge christians have an issue with them anyway and a prejudice view point. There are alot of people who claim to be christian and arent, but judging us all the same way like you just did makes you wrong too. Arent you doing the same thing?
    Anonymous

• I think my pastor explained it best- "Imagine what they would be like if they DIDN'T have Christ in their heart.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:46 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I think it's true, but I don't think it jus applies to christians. I think we all have our ideals and beliefs and we all want to be our best selves ( I hope), but as we all know it's hard to live up to who we want to be and how we think we should be. Some thing hits a trigger and we are so far away from our ideals that we dont even realize how bad we're being. And I'm not a christian, but I still believe in turning the other cheek, being kind to people who don't seemingly deserve it, and being patient and non-reactive. Not that I always succeed =)
    Angelfey

Answer by Angelfey at 2:50 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Thank you! I thought it was just me!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 2:51 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I'm a Christian and thats true. We aren't perfect and hopefully don't claim to be perfect. Part of being a Christian is NOT judging others but I know that many do.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:53 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• As a Christian I completely agree with you. There are some mommies on here who do not act Christian-like at all. It really is a shame that these mommies are usually the ones who are thought of when non-Christians think of Christians. They do not represent all of us, just a small portion of us.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:55 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Yes that is everywhere though, that is why many christians don't go to church. They may have been eaten alive at church.
    Anonymous

• thanks to those who got the root of my question.. sorry to anonymous 2:44 if you mistook what I wrote.. maybe I could have explained it better... I used christians because those are who I see time and time again 'not practicing what they preach' ....
    I thank LolosMom for better explaining what I truly meant to say!!
    jliv131

Answer by jliv131 at 3:14 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• oh and to clarify, I do consider myself christian but I do respect the fact that people have the right to believe in whatever god they so choose to...
    jliv131

Answer by jliv131 at 3:15 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• It's particularly bad on the Politics side today, so expect it to hit here in full force again soonish.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:19 PM on Feb. 4, 2009