problem with breastfeeding

Ok so my son got thrush and I stopped breastfeeding while he was getting over it. Well it's taken longer then the doctor thought but he is finally in the last stages, the only problem I have now is... I don't have any milk. I have no idea why because I was pumping and everything so I would keep my milk supply up, but i have no milk now. My mom told me it might be because I'm not eating enough (where I'm living right now we get three meals and thats pretty much it) but even if I eat more it doesn't change anything. And I've been putting him back on my boobs and their still not producing.... does anyone have any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i understand where your coming from. my son and i had thrust as well. it is EXTREMELY painful! just give him the bottle but before you do put him on the boob for as long as you can . good luck!
    havingaboy08

Answer by havingaboy08 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I'm curious why you stopped nursing while he had thrush? Usually your doctor will treat both mother and baby so breastfeeding can continue. If you're completely dried up you will need to relactate.
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/adopt/index.html
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 2:57 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Blessed thistle, fenugreek, mother's milk tea, drink lots of water, nurse baby as often as you can and use a supplemental nursing system instead of bottles until your get your supply back.

Supplemental Nursing System - Helps mothers breastfeed adopted babies, helps with relactation, and is useful with premature babies or low milk supply. With an SNS, the baby is supplemented at the breast, maintaining the important physical contact while stimulating your breast to increase your milk supply.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 2:57 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Make sure you are getting plenty of fluid..
    Anonymous

• I stopped because for two weeks we were passing it back and forth and my boobs were getting really sore and nasty looking so we medicated both of us and in a weeks time my boobs have stopped producing. I never had ALOT of milk besides right after he was born
    Anonymous