So my Grandma gave me some cookies and I found out

that after she bought them the rest were pulled off the shelf b/c of the salmonella in peanut butter. I gave several to my LO's. Does anyone know what the symptoms for it are? They haven't been sick or anyhting but I want to know what I need to keep an eye out for. Thanks guys!

renea20

Asked by renea20 at 2:57 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It's like the Flu. My youngest ate some Kroger Brand Cereal and we thought she had the flu. But then no one else got sick. She ate the cereal again and got sick again (12 hours later). Took her to the emergency room to find out it was Salmonella. Called Kroger, but I don't know how far they took it. We also emailed the CDC
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:04 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Call your kids doctor.
    Anonymous

• diarrhea,headache,stomach cramps,vomitting....
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:01 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• You may be ok because they were cooked. Salmonella shouldn't survive more than 185 degrees. Watch her carefully for stomach symptoms and if they occur, take her to the doc along with the cookies and if she uses diapers a dirty diaper- fesces. This will enable them to speed testing although they will probably take blood work any way. They can get started on testing immediately without medical personell actually having to poke and prod her.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I'm sorry I misread- I thought your grandma MADE you cookies. Watch carefully for stomach symptoms and go with the steps above. Good luck.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:32 PM on Feb. 4, 2009