does anyone have and idea where i can enroll my son for social skills, he is diagnosed with adhd and has a very bad temper, need some ideas on how to get it under control

Chantel1968

Asked by Chantel1968 at 3:05 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Tae Kwon Do or any Martial Arts type classes
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:08 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Martial arts, definitely (but check out the instructors first to make sure they can deal with a child with different needs)

scouts, 4-H, tumbling class, maybe?
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 4:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• We don't have a diagnosis yet (he's only 4) but we've been working with a pediatric psychologist. He's been able to give us a lot of ideas which are sort of helping. (our son is suspect for asperger's and/or adhd)

If nothing else, the doctor's ideas have been helping with the younger two!

But other than professional help, I second (um...3rd?) martial arts classes.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:08 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I have a daughter with adhd and a son with add they take adderall and my daughters on concerta My son plays baseball and loves it it teaches him how to work as a team and follow directions I would suggest any team sport and most of the coaches will work with you. if hes full of energy I'd say soccer would be good all they do is run and he would still have to learn to work with others.
    Mahoney4

Answer by Mahoney4 at 4:51 PM on Feb. 5, 2009