Hotel resort for my dd and her bf? adult content

My 16 year old dd and her bf are celebrating their 3 year anniversary of dating in two weeks. The bf's mom wants to get them a room at a local mini resort for the weekend, where there is swimming, tennis etc. I checked with the resort and they said it's legal as long as the mom signs for the room. It's not a secret that they have been having sex for the past six months and do use 2 forms of bc, and I've accepted it. I'm torn on this but I told the mom I'd let her know my thoughts this week.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 AM on Aug. 11, 2012 in Teens (13-17)

• Just because you accept that she is having sex doesn't mean you have to encourage it. And in my opinion, by allowing her to go stay in a hotel with him, you would be encouraging it. I, personally, would not feel comfortable encouraging my child to have sex. He may do it no matter how much I tell him he should wait, and if he does, once it's done, I'll have no choice but to accept that. But I certainly wouldn't be going out and signing (or paying) for a hotel room where he can do it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:01 AM on Aug. 11, 2012

• i don't know what kind of reputable hotel would allow underaged teens to stay unsupervised by an adult, btw. that sounds fishy to me, too.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:49 AM on Aug. 11, 2012

• I almost got my panties in a twist then i realized
    1 OP is anon
    2 OP posted an hour ago
    3 OP hasn't responded

I like cake
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:07 AM on Aug. 11, 2012

• They're just dating and not married. No way would I condone this. If you do stuff like this for them now while they are only dating, what would they have to look forward to when/If they ever get married? Even if they don't marry each other, romantic get-aways should be special and not used to celebrate a childish love affair. Let them earn it and make commitments to each other than having things handed to them on silver platters.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 8:08 AM on Aug. 11, 2012

• And so you're teling me that she has been dating this guy since she was 13? How old is the bf? Has she been having sex since then, too? They both need to grow up and become more responsible before "going away" to a hotel together.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 8:11 AM on Aug. 11, 2012

• this is messed up on so many levels.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:42 AM on Aug. 11, 2012

• Wow! Just wow! No freakin way!!! With that type of mentality, that mother should be preparing a nursery, not booking hotel rooms so 2 teens can shack up for the weekend. Nope! Not happening here- EVER!!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:46 AM on Aug. 11, 2012

• I agree with Dull!
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 9:04 AM on Aug. 11, 2012

• 16 year old... "dating anniversary"... Enough said.
    I like cake too!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2012

• Hell to the fucking NO! Are you out of your mind?
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 9:55 AM on Aug. 11, 2012