Potty Training...

I have sixteen month old twins Benjamin and Isabella, Bella is very interested in being potty trained I want to encourage her, but I don't know if I am ready... Also should I try to get Ben involved? knock two birds out with one stone? Or will it be easier to do one at a time? Please help!

Blaire23

Asked by Blaire23 at 3:12 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am in the same situation, I have 2 grandkids that I have full time. They are 2 and 2-1/2, I have started to try to potty train them both at the same time. Not sure how it's going to go yet, I just started! So far they are kind of interested, but the girl seems to be alittle more into it than the boy. Sorry I don't have any advice! Just letting you know I am in the same boat!!! Good luck!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 3:32 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• As much trouble as it seems, I would try to introduce Bella to the potty and see if Ben will become more intested. If he is not ready though, I don't know how you can get himi interested.

I'm sure you've heard this, but boys tend to start potty training later than girls. But if he sees his sister doing it, maybe he'll want to as well.

Good Luck!
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:26 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• i have twins too and one is sits and wont do anything and theother one will pee. so i am not pushing too much on twin b because he usually does everything about 1-2 months after his brother so im just hoping he comes around i do take them both to the potty and have them both sit on it.
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 5:55 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I'm about where you are. My b/g twins are 17 months old. I haven't actually started yet, but I have bought the potties and am trying to get up the nerve. I thought about starting my girl first because she seems more ready and has done most everything else first, but I think my boy will try to push her off the potty if I don't set up a potty for him too (they will fight over ANYTHING lately). So, I am thinking of introducing it to both at the same time in hopes that my boy will want to copy his sister. Good luck to us all!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2009