is is true that we are the only living things with the emotion of hate and greed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes, I think so. I dont think that animals hate or are greedy, although i think they have emotions, and plants certainly dont have hate or greed, I think thats just human nature
    Candice_brooke

Answer by Candice_brooke at 3:19 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• no
    Anonymous

• No, Have you seen dogs fight over well just about everything especially food?
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 3:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I have had pets of all sorts in my life and I KNOW they can hate each other for no reason at all. And they will stuff themselves til they are sick to keep another animal from eating.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 3:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• thats a good point karriemarie, I didnt think of that
    Candice_brooke

Answer by Candice_brooke at 3:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• we are just the only species to recognize this trait and KNOW that it's wrong but keep doing it.
    Anonymous

• Having had pets all my life... no. We are not the only ones.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I think animals give us signals that we perceive as emotions (humans tend to tack anthropomorphic qualities onto everything). Like crying at night. Are they sad? No, they're expressing a need (perhaps the need for companionship or the need to be let out to use the bathroom). An animal that's snarling might be perceived as angry and hateful but is simply responding to an environment where it has been conditioned to feel unsafe or responding to another animal based on its behavior or personality. I believe animals are much more pure than humans. They're driven by logical things such as need and danger rather than driven by irrational emotions. My dog behavioral therapists (yes, we have two *sigh*) say that animals are very basic. A+B=C. There's not a whole lot of mumbo jumbo or drama in between. I think that if animals do experience human-like emotion, it's not nearly to the level that we dramatize things to be.

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:29 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• november love are you serious?? you have dog therapists????? lmao
    Anonymous