how do you mend a broken heart?

I am really hurt right now and I can't seem to snap out of it. Can anyone give me some advice?

Maire78

Asked by Maire78 at 3:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• write things down helps a little, you can also write a poem.

write down all the anger, hurt, and happiness
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:22 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Get a needle and thread,,,,,Just joking.  Time,,,,it take time to mend a broken heart.  That's all I can say.

Answer by louise2 at 3:23 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• good luckMy heart was broken once my dh cheated on me I cried for two days then I said maybe it was a good thing for my life, so I decided to start jogging and concentrate more on me 2 years later I meet the man of my life we now have 2 beautiful kids and happy. So tell yourself I am going to be just fine just keep your chin up be positive in all that you do. Be patient your turn will come.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:26 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• It does take time for a broken heart to mend. You can try doing anything that occupies your mind. Like another mom suggested try writing. Even just a letter to the person who broke your heart, you don't have to give it to them, just get all your feelings out on paper. Try reading a good book....anything that you like to do that occupies your time and your mind.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• It does take time to heal.. But just sitting around waiting for time to happen... you should go out with friends. Go and do something you like. Like... just recently when I was down I went with a friend down to a close by lake and watched the sun go down. It was relaxing and let me think without bein in a surrounding where memories came flooding back.
    AustinsMommy124

Answer by AustinsMommy124 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I keep an emotional landfill folder, where I can write about what hurt me and then tuck it away where I give myself permission to NOT revisit it. Then I force myself to get out and go for a walk, even though I really don't want to. I'm an emotional eater, so I allow myself a bit of a treat, but then walk it off too. I also force myself to go places where other people are. That way I am not putting myself in my cave. I also took up things I'd never tried before, like riding my own motorcycle, and going to a new church. Through those, I've met wonderful new friends, and feel better about myself as people admire that I can ride. As I rebuilt my self-esteme and confidence, my heart healed. You will get through it. Start building your support system of friends who will back you in this, and kick your butt when you need it.
    MsChevious

Answer by MsChevious at 3:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Give yourself time to heal, just as you would for a death. Everyone heals at a different rate. In time the sun will shine again. Meanwhile keep living your life and moving on. Watch movies that you know you enjoy, go out with friends, listen to music- I like to turn the music all the way up and just feel it. But be patient with yourself, and cry as much as you need to. I hope that you feel much better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 3:39 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I don't think you actually mend a broken heart. I think as time goes on you are able to see that the relationship was not what you thought it was. In my case my other half passed away and i dont think a heart ever really mends. You just learn to deal with and in time be able to smile at the good things that were in the relationship.
    nana2u10

Answer by nana2u10 at 3:51 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• life is to short go out and enjoy it
    elle2hot4u

Answer by elle2hot4u at 4:13 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• sit down a write a list of what went wrong in the relationship.. then look it over, and remember what happened, and learn from it.. life gives you bad apples, but after you eat one and get sick the first time, you learn what to watch out for so you don't end up in that situation again. It will help you teach you what you want in any future relationships, what you don't want, etc. Learning from it will make you stronger, continuing to mourn it will only keep you stuck where you are now.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:32 PM on Feb. 4, 2009