I swear...I feel my my husband has turned into a....

miserable, angry, depressed old man!! I can't take it anymore. He's 43 and I'm 31. We've been married for 6 years...together for 13 years. He has definitely changed for the worse! I don't even want to be around him! Geesh...

Is it a mid life crisis??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Sorry your having these issues. It could possibly be a sort of mid life crisis. Maybe it would help if just the two of you got away together. Kind of like a second honeymoon. Maybe you can get him to open up and tell you why he's been feeling so down lately.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 3:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• He's a grump! I'm sure he's stressed financially but SO AM I...we both work. I mean life is life...let's just roll with the punches and deal with it. I can't take the negativity and the acting like a child over things...he's so helpless. Sometimes I want to tell him to leave me the F alone!!
    Anonymous

• When there is a behavior change the first thing that is often recommended is to get a physical exam to make sure there isn't a medical problem. or he may well have a great deal of stress at work that he isn't telling you about. Counseling might help. Have the two of you been able to get away for a nice weekend or vacation lately? My husband and I like to drive somewhere not too far away and stay at a Bed & Breakfast and stroll around during the day, eat a nice dinner, and just lounge around and talk and read in the evening. Very low key, and pleasant together time.

Answer by Bmat at 3:36 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• sounds like you both are bored and he likes to take it out on you. as long as your miserable with him he's happy. You are young don't live the rest of your life that way. be happy!!!
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Have you asked him what is wrong with him, IMO men act that way when they have sometihng on their minds thats bothering them
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 3:57 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Can you do some better digging to get to the bottom of it? How is the intimacy? Is he doing anything else unusual?? Is it worse on the weekends?
    KiteMom

Answer by KiteMom at 4:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Nope...nothing else unusual. he's not miserable ALL THE TIME..he's super happy being a father and stuff like that. I just think he's not happy with himself right now. It has nothing to do with me or us. It's him. The intimacy sucks to be honest with you.
    Anonymous

• yup, mid life crisis - it will pass by the time he's 50!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:48 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• When, you find an answer, please tell me, my poor husband has been complaining and mooping around since we came back from the BAHAMAS, I took him to the dr. ,he had a cold, he kept complaining, I took him to the hospital, they kepted him for 2 days, gave him all kind of test, the drs. couldn't find nothing, even his blood pressure was good, my hubby did just celebrate his 68th birthday some friends have told me, my hubby is in men menospause.Dont laugh, it's true men do go through something, whatever, it is I hope he hurry up and go through it ,so, I can finish going through my menospause,lol.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 5:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2009