Who has or would be willing to have someone clean your house?

I have been thinking about starting my own business so I don't have to go back to the 'corporate' world when my babies go to school. I am an excellent housecleaner and a germ-a-phobe, and would love to start my own house cleaning business. So how many of you would be willing to pay for my services, knowing that I am trustworthy and with excellent skills.

jennagale76

Asked by jennagale76 at 3:24 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• I may have been royalty in a past life but I sure as heck am not anywhere close to that now...lol because I personally would love to have my house cleaned by someone else, but these days it's tough business to be in. Not only the trust factor but the money factor. Best Wishes to you.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 3:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• OMG, I JUST TOLD MY PASTER ,I WANTED TO START MY OWN CLEANING BUSINESS, HE TOLD ME THAT WAS AN AWESOME IDEA, I THOUGHT ABOUT THIS BECAUSE, I NEED A CLEANING PERSON TO DO MY BEDROOM.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 5:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• It would be pure heaven for me, I have heart & pulmonary issues, and my poor husband when he comes in off the road (long distance truck driver) does it all the cleaning, laundry and grocery shopping, so eliminateing one or tow of those chores would be great !
    Ravynsmom

Answer by Ravynsmom at 5:51 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I've had house cleaners in the past when I was single. I usually had a lady come in twice a month to do the heavy duty stuff. Sure, I'd love to have that again!
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 6:12 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I would depending on the rate. The only reason I tend to not hire merry maids is because I think it's hourly. If someone could negotiate a contract and come in weekly to do some light work for a reasonable price I'd be happy.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 6:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I cleaned houses a few years ago and charged about $20/hr, $15.00 for seniors! I used all my own supplies(organic natural if possible) and never had anyone complain! be sure to make a list of what you are/are not willing to do though and be sure your clients are aware of that also! Do a trial period first with all new customers, believe me it's a good idea! I usually guessed how many hours it would take me and charged a flat rate per house so they could just leave a check! oh yeah and you'll really want an ipod with some upbeat music! I actually really enjoyed it! The plus side is most people who want to hire someone to clean their house, take pride in keeping it clean so it's not gross or anything! msg me if you have any questions!:)
    Jessiemay999

Answer by Jessiemay999 at 9:02 PM on Feb. 4, 2009