Is rubbing the teacher's feet a "job" for grade school kids?

Ok, I'm just wondering if I should be angry and offended or not. I understand a teacher giving kids jobs in the classroom, like cleaning the chalkboard and picking up blocks, but I can't see any positive reason for a teacher demanding that a child is elected to rub her feet or give her a massage. That seems like a way to groom children into being victims of abuse to me and I'm angry a teacher even had the gumption to think it's ok. I can't think of a single good reason for it. If she's trying to teach kids to be good to each other, she should elect kids to draw a nice picture or something else positive, not invade personal space like that. Am I wrong?

MsChevious

Asked by MsChevious at 3:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• NO! children should never be forced to touch their teacher!!! REPORT HER! that is NOT right!!!
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 3:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I would not like this going on in my child's classroom either. That's way over the line.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:46 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• you are right what the f.. is wrong with the teacher
    Anonymous

• no way. that teacher is CRAZY!!!!!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:47 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• No!!! That would piss me off too!!! They should not be touching their teacher!
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 3:47 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• That does not sound right at all! Absolutely say something. Make an appt with the principal right now.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 3:59 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• If it was a one time thing like a joke I wouldn't worry too much about it...but it is weird and if it is a daily weekly thing then something should be done about it ASAP1 One time occurence and it could be them just playing together.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:08 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• That's dusgusting!!!! Not only inappropriate, but germy, too! Especially for someone like me, who hates touching other people's feet!! (but that's another issue! haha) Definitely tell the principal, and tell your child that he/she should not be asked to rub anyones feet (or other body parts) at school. Oh, I am so grossed out now...I have to go to the kitchen and get a cup of coffe to calm down!!! hahah
    Good luck sticking up for your child! He/she is lucky to have you to protect him/her!!!!!
    pennycast

Answer by pennycast at 4:15 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I'd yank my kid OUT of that class immediately.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 4:22 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• What were the circumstances..he child was made to rub her feet? Or she plopped in a chair and said "You guys are wearing me out I need a foot rub?" My daughter would prob volunteer and so would a bunch of girls n the class...How old are they? I think this situation is bazarre and I don't like feet either, but Im trying to get an idea of exactly what occured and not jump to conclusions.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2009