would you circumcize after reading all this?

http://www.circumcision.org/studies.htm

This is horrible, i would never do this to my son. I don't care if some girl finds his thing ugly. If she doesn't love my son for who he is, then she is not worthy of him AT ALL.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• Considering that is an anti-circumcision site, one is not receiving both sides of the equation. So...just those readings would not change my mind.
    Anonymous

• yep. just because someone publishes it on a website doesn't mean it's true.
    Anonymous

• Everyone has their own opinions on circumcision. I left the decision up to my husband with our son, and we chose to circumcise. There were no problems with this procedure, and my son has had no problem with pain tolerance since then.
    Even after reading the article, if our 3rd child is a boy (our 2nd was a girl) he will also be circumcised. It is a matter of choosing, and everyone has their own opinion.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 3:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• It's all based on actual studies that have been done. It's all %100 true. Its not some propaganda like politics. This is to inform people why circumcision is stupid, & why they should not do it to there innocent baby boys. Tell me what is the other side of the equation? And don't say hygene, because we all have showers & can bathe daily.
    Anonymous

• true, everyone has there own opinion. But it is a pointless, painful experience. The main reasons mom's get them, is becuase they think there son will be embarased.
    Anonymous

• People just assume it's fake, well read it before you make that decision. It's not the only site out there that has THE SAME EXACT INFO FROM THE SAME EXACT STUDIES. I will post more if you want to continue to believe it's all fake. I think you guys just don't want to believe that what you did to your son is HORRIBLE.
    Anonymous

• It is a listing of blurbs from studies. It does not give the reader the opportunity to read the study themselves unless they want to go look up and search for the studies themselves. I don't have that kind of time, so I shall not waste my time on a site that wants to take study results and twist them to say what they wish.

I used to work as a statistician, and I know how you can write an article on a study to make it say what you want. Unless there are direct quotes from a study and a link provided, I don't count it as credible or worth my time.

The site is biased. It is not trying to educate the public, it is trying to "convert" others to their way of thinking. They're even trying to get the Jewish to go against thousands of years of traditions.
    Anonymous

• No one said it was fake. One poster stated that just because it's on a website doesn't mean it's true. That is NOT saying it is fake. Semantics, maybe...but that's exactly what sites like the one above counts on...people misreading what is written.
    Anonymous

• Because my husband's mom chose to never circumsize him he was teased relentlessly until he was 13 and told his mom to take him and get the procedure done! He had to go through that pain at the age of 13!! He says all of our kids will be circumsized, so no I won't let that anti-circumcision site disuade me.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:15 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• when I found out I was having a boy I read up on circumcision and not. I chose still to circumsize.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 4:27 PM on Feb. 4, 2009