Why does everyone keep calling the new stimulis package a bunch of pork

I have no idea WTH it means, can someone please explain it to me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It means it is added with extra unnecessary stuff

Anonymous

• The dems are pushing through everything on their personal agendas instead of taking care of what they promised to take care of.

Go ahead dems...blame it on Bush but Obama was supposed to bring change and all this pkg is is sweetheart deals and money to pay back those big wig organizations that put him in office.  Including Hollywood!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• So then basically by saying its a bunch of pork is because it really does no good except for giving $$ to those that already have it? I hope I understood that right, I guess I have just always been thrown off by the term that was being used.
    Anonymous

• I think it is referring to "pork barrel" politics????? Meaning, a politician does something nice for the people that elected him.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 3:59 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Think of Pork as in the same definintion as Gravy. It's all gravy, or cake. It's extra stuff you don't need but still has to be paid for. And with this pkg, it is BASELINE pork which will remain in goverment spending budgets FOREVER. It's not temporary or a one time deal, it's forever.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 3:59 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Watch the Live Senate debate on the stimulus package on Fox News. You'll be amazed at how these Dems. want to spent nearly a trillion dollars!

http://www.foxnews.com/

It's the first link beneath the large heading "Stimulus a War on Prayer?" that says "WATCH LIVE."
    sgalsmommy

Answer by sgalsmommy at 4:02 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• You'll be amazed at how these Dems. want to spent nearly a trillion dollars! Not all of us like it......................

4kids1970

Answer by 4kids1970 at 4:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I don't think she ment amazed in a good way.
    TurksMommy

Answer by TurksMommy at 4:13 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• There is a lot of pork in this package. If it were to be trimmed then the package could walk right through but it seems as if some people are not willing to bend.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 4:24 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• ...and those unwilling to bend are......Democrat?! LOL
    Anonymous