Help on Vacation ideas. Please!!!

My husband and I never went on a honeymoon. We decided that when he gets home from working in Arkansas we are going to go on a vacation. I want to go to Texas, preferably Houston or Galveston. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do there? Good hotels (I want one with a pool and hot tub) and prices on how much these hotels may cost? Please!!! I really need ideas. I have been looking on the internet but not finding much on what I want.

agrafel

Asked by agrafel at 3:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Travel

• Have you tried going to the chamber of commerace (sp?) for that area? What about the web sites for the cheeper hotels, like super 8 and best western. That will give you a b place to get started for the room. Hope it helps.
    Alwaysacarnie

Answer by Alwaysacarnie at 7:14 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• OMG!!! we spent some time on Galveston Island, we flew into Houston. Sign up for the wynhdam rewards program! The hotel Galvez is awesome!!! I think part of the island recieved some damage from a hurrican last year. the hotel even has a swim up bar!!! We stayed for a deal of 85$ a night!!!! There is "the spot" to eat at up the coast and any retsaurant with the word PAPPA in it . Like pappasito's and Taco Cabana!!! Stay away from kemah...it is a tourist trap!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:17 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Call My Mom say Gena from CafeMom said to call her 559-321-5886
    She can get you the best Deal.....Her name is Sandra Venegas
    or email her at : theartoftravelbysandra@yahoo.com
    genav

Answer by genav at 12:03 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Awesome! I just emailed her. I really hope she can help me out. I have been checking into the motel that chefjen told me about. Its the perfect motel (I just need a lower price). Keep the ideas coming.
    agrafel

Answer by agrafel at 10:02 AM on Feb. 6, 2009