How in the world can people survive with more than one kid...???

I am at home with my 15 month old DD and I am babysitting my BF's 16 month old DS. How can people have more than one kids without going crazy? I am a neat FREAK when it comes to my DD's toys and they both think its funny to dump them out!! I think I am going to go insane lol. Other than the mess they make lol, they are both great kids, but I hate the mess lol...
So if you have more than one kid how do you manage lol?

(BTW- This had made me RETHINK wanting more kids right now, I think I will wait a FEW YEARS lol)

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 4:02 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You just manage. You play zone defense instead of man-on-man.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 4:03 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• You learn to get over your ocd's and live in a clean mess.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 4:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• im the same way, I only have 1 rught now, and the other day i babysat for a friend, that was the day that i decided 1 was enough! lol
    Candice_brooke

Answer by Candice_brooke at 4:11 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Sammygril is right, I'm an anal virgo, I had to let go of an organized and tidy house. Hardest thing. There is a saying...Having two makes having one seem like none, and it is SO true...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:11 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I have 4 and have gone insane i think lol ........ No you manage!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 4:14 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I think crazy comes with the job. My kids are 5 years apart, so maybe I don't have it as bad.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I am a total neat freak... and my children are very close, 2 1/2 & 16 months and I manage. They keep me on my toes. But cleaning actually puts me in a better mood. I love to stay busy!! We turn up the radio & clean. The boys love helping.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 4:19 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I've got 4 (10, 6, 5, & 2) and I homeschool in about 1200 sq ft of living space. My house constantly looks like it was just hit by a tornado. Between the dishes & books & clothes & toys... and don't even get me started on the pets!!!

Being 'neat" goes right out the window. I just flatout gave up cleaning a while ago. It's no use. We don't have enough space for all the stuff we have. At the same time --- there are SIX people living in & learning in this house... we NEED all this stuff, too.

As long as there are enough dishes clean for a day's meals, enough clothes clean to wear w/ a back-up outfit for disasters, and someone can walk from one end of the house to the other with a less than 50% chance of tripping on something & breaking a bone..... I'm having a good day.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 4:19 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I'm a SAHM of three kids. It is not 'neat' in here.... ever! I am laughing at Laura's response because that is basically my life in a nutshell. I think in the end it comes down to letting go a little bit... no, my house is nowhere near as clean as it was before I had three kids. But you know what- I would MUCH rather have the three kids than a neat and tidy house!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:14 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• haha, i am a neat freak too. When my son was little he also loved to dump out the toys, take all his books off the shelf, etc etc.. It made me crazy, but I know he was just doing what kids do... I just got to the point where when he was old enough he had to help me pick it all up and put it where it went at the end of the day. Now he is a pretty organized kid and is great about picking up when he is done playing. But he doesn't like it when I sing the "clean up" song anymore... haha :)
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 7:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2009