• In the Spotlight:

Odor

I'm about 15 weeks pregnant and I have this odor down there usally it's not bad but still there and sometimes it will become pretty noticable and this started about a month or two ago. Is it normal? What should I do?

Mrs.Jolly

Asked by Mrs.Jolly at 4:03 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had a very strong odor every time after my husband and I had sex and even sometimes it would be faint when we didn't. We called it the "crab" because that is what it smells like. I told my doctor after months of this happening and he said it was a bacteria infections and gave me a week of antibiotics which cleared it up no problem. I was glad I did because later I was reading up on it and found out it could cause preterm labor. Talk to your doctor. He'll be more informative about what it actually is. Yeast infections don't smell.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 9:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Maybe you have a yeast infection.
    Heaven0802

Answer by Heaven0802 at 4:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Yes it's normal in pregnancy and you might have a yeast infection. Just mention it to your OB when you go in next or if there are any other symptoms then give them a call and they can get you meds to clear it up
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 4:08 PM on Feb. 4, 2009