HOW DO U GALS HANDLE THE BIG BABY OF THE HOUSE? "DADDY" MINE DRIVES ME NUTS. LETS HAVE A POLL. HOW MANY THINK IT IS ALRIGHT TO LET A TODDLER SEE GUNS, STABING, ETC. ON TV. WE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS AT OUR HOUSE MORE OFTEN THAN I LIKE.

mom889606

Asked by mom889606 at 4:04 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• guns- its okay if its like the hunting channels or such- stabbing uh no.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 4:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Are you kidding me? Every mom on here is going to be against it. Children should not be watching that stuff, & any parent in there right mind would know that. I think your baby's daddy needs to take a parenting class.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• hunting is one thing.....but violence towards others is what i thought you meant.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I agree, hunting is one thing. Violence, cussing, sex, etc are something else. It took awhile but my hubby has finally stopped watching Family Guy reruns when our daughter is playing nearby! While I personally find Family Guy funny - it is NOT a kid's show.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• my toddler watches south park with us. She really doesn't pay any attention to what's on TV. And until she does, I don't think it matters. Once she does, it'll all depend on what she can handle/what scares her/if she is able to udnerstand no to repeat "bad words" etc.
    Anonymous

• No toddlers should see guns, stabbings etc.... They'll be sadly seeing this kind of thing when they will be adults and then we parents won't be able to avoid them seeing it then. One evening we were at my sister in laws house and my husband, our brother in law and my husband's cousin were watching a movie who had guns and explosions etc... and I came to watch at the middle of the movie. Not to long after I was there our niece who is 5 went to seat next to her dad and watch the movie with us. My mouth fell to the ground when I saw that our brother in law (can't stand him because of other reasons, this is one more reason now) didn't told his daughter to go back upstairs because it's not a movie she should be watching.
    I told my husband that our son (3 years old) is not going to see this kind of movie and when he will be 5 years old and older it will still be a NO and I was pleased that my husband agree with me.
    Paros

Answer by Paros at 5:53 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• nope, i dont think its right. but i know when i walk in to the room and "daddy" scrambles for the remote and corbin is laughing i know they are watching something they shouldnt.
    but he was in the army so corbin knows about guns from the army pics....
    Tosha9266

Answer by Tosha9266 at 6:58 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My DD watches hunting shows with my husband...I have no problem with those shows....but he was watching Tropical Thunder the other day and my dd was watching it and lets just say daddy got an ear full and it was turned off. I don't think they realize that at this stage in our little ones lives that they are learning about life from every facet that they see. Men can be a little on the not smart side of things sometimes. That's why they have us...LOL
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 10:51 PM on Feb. 4, 2009