what to do

I am thinking of sending my children to an over night school. They are 3 yrs old almost 4 march 29 then i have my son hes 7 he will be 8 b4 any one judges me let me explain i live i a bad hood and i want them to have all the advantages that i didnt have growing up i want what all mothers want there children to be happy and have the best of everything what do yall think dont be hard on me its hard enough

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think their a little young to go off to boarding school. Honestly. I understand the neighborhood issues though. How about checking into a private school, closer to home that you can commute to.
    Anonymous

• I don't understand. You can afford to send your kids to private boarding school, but you can't just move out of the "hood?" Just move to a better neighborhood.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:13 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• If you can afford boarding school, why don't you just move to a neighborhood w/ a good school? You'll probably save some money.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:13 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My personal opinion is 8 is too young for boarding school. In my opinion it shouldn't even be an option before the age of 12. What may be gained in terms of school will be lost in personal relationships and their security. I don't understand why the 3 & 4 yr old are even brought up. The majority of boading schools won't admit them before they are 5/6..and that is way too young as far as I'm concerned.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:17 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• A lot of areas have tution paid for schools like these for underpriviledged kids, so maybe the OP can't afford to move, but has the option of letting her kids go to this school.

I think that the 7/8 year old can handle it, but i honestly think 3 is too young.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 9:02 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• let me be more clear the boarding school is free for low income families so i wouldnt be paying for anything
    elle2hot4u

Answer by elle2hot4u at 10:06 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• thank u but i have throught about all of that we have researched a lot
    elle2hot4u

Answer by elle2hot4u at 10:08 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I think they need YOU more. I have not always had money raising my children. This made me what I affectionately call a professional beggar. There are so many scholarships out there for low income kids to be exposed to camp and the arts and music...without sending them away to school. I would explore those avenues first. You can PM me if you would like info on all the things my older children got to do and for little or no money. I would be happy to help you. My DD's go to a 9 grand a year catholic high school for 500 bucks a year. Things for kids are out there, you just have to know where to look.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:15 PM on Feb. 5, 2009