why????

why do guys look at porn? do they want those women? do they want us to like those women? i recently discovered my SO looks at porn more often then i realized and its making me feel horrible about myself. i feel like a fat ugly slob? is porn the reason he wont ask me for sex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• porn for guys is so normal, theres nothing wrong with you. its just a guy thing.
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 4:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• maybe he wants you to initiate sex men like that. i love to watch porn with my man but at times a do feel really fat cause of those skinny models in there. But hey hes with me not them.. and men need to get there head out there ass more often and realize REAL WOMAN DONT LOOK LIKE THAT! with that said, i like to watch porn with my man so he dont need to watch it alone,maybe you should try that,and if you dont want skinny models theres plenty of porn with big woman in it that you can buy,which me and my hubby might look into beings i cant stand those skinny breakable looking things on there. When me and my man slit for a month he watch porn when i wasnt there but we were talking on the phone men need a visual to masturbate to while women can fantasize.
    Lauren2008

Answer by Lauren2008 at 4:27 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Don't feel like a fat ugly slob, i went through this too. It's not the women they are looking at, or the men, it's the action of what they are doing. The girl could have a hot bod, & a busted face but i guarantee that dudes will still watch her. It's an outlet for men, it's a hard thing to deal with, but it's very normal. I started watching porn on my own to see what the fuss is about. And yes it grossed me out, but it also turned me on, & i also helped myself out afterwards. It's human nature for men to release there seed, it's healthy. Sometimes they just might need a little help. It's up to you wether you want to force him to stop, but i would just let him know that it makes you feel ugly, & un wanted. And your not the only one, i felt very un-wanted when i found out. Men are still boys sometimes. If he can open up to you, try to talk about it. But don't get mad or make him feel foolish. Then he'll just hide it better.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:27 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• by the way, sometimes men are just lazy & it's faster & easier to just watch a porno. Men..........we love them so much , but hate some of there ways.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:32 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Don't feel negatively about yourself, I mean ugh! Have you ever seen those walking STDs on those videos?! THey are nasty if you look at them! Have you ever tried talking to him about it, his duty is to respect you and eliminate anything from his life that's messing up your relationship, too many women say porn is normal bla blah, I've known many dudes who don't watch it, they did at one point but once they were in a relationship and their gfs didn't like it they stopped.
    Anonymous

• i don't like porn and i had to tell my husb i wasn't going to put up with it. He quit watching it and our sex life is much better for it.
    bizymom413

Answer by bizymom413 at 4:36 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• In my home I'm the one who watches porn. It's not that I want the people on the screen, on the contrary, I actually pretend the people are myself and my husband, but sometimes I need visual stimulation when my brain is too tired to come up with something on it's own. Not sure if that's how most men are, but I just wanted to give a different perspective.
    Spyse

Answer by Spyse at 4:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• some men look at porn. Some men read comic books. Some men are glued to the tv during a sports event. some are entranced by video games. It has nothing to do with you. It's just mental stimulation for them. Men like sex. They like seeing ppl have sex. They like thinking about having sex. They want us to do to them what those women are doing to the guys in the movie. That's all.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Why do guys look at porn?? it seems like the answer would be something as simple as; Because they have eyes..... LOL But I'm sure there is a much deeper answer . But if you ask any guy....wait here, I'll text my husband........ Ok, he said and I quote "Cuz we can" LMAO.

Mine watches porn and I don't think he is comparing me to them or them to me... I think it's just a visual stimulation. I've said this before (and got slammed for it)... but men are stimulated more by visual sensory and we are stimulated by emotional sensory. (with exception of course... there are plenty of women who like porn too and may be men out there somewhere that don't).
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 5:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• ROFLMAO No offense.

My husband just called me and said to tell you that it's like a car wreck.... you gotta look. He said asking that question is like asking why men walk. He also said NO in no way do they want us to look like those women.... men don't give a crap about their bodies and the only reason more men don't admit to looking at "fat porn" is because their buddies make fun of them. He said skinny women just don't have anything in the way to keep you from seeing the action.. but when they are having sex themselves it's not about what it looks like but about how it feels.

Just telling you what he said.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 5:42 PM on Feb. 4, 2009