How many of you suffer Anxiety and what are the symptoms?

I have been feeling weird lately and I think I might have Anxiety. Can anyone tell me their experiences with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Health

• anxiety is worry, and the worry in turn starts to effect how you feel physically.
    Anonymous

• You can also feel like you are having a heart attack. There can be chest pain, and you feel like you can't breath. You can also feel this overwheming dark gloom over you like you just KNOW something bad is going to happen.

Is there anything that could have triggered you to think you have anxiety? It is also stronly linked to Post traumatic Stress.
    MsChevious

Answer by MsChevious at 4:39 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Symptoms of General Anxiety Disorder (GAD) include:

Excessive, ongoing worry and tension
    An unrealistic view of problems
    Restlessness or a feeling of being "edgy"
    Irritability
    Muscle tension
    Headaches
    Sweating
    Difficulty concentrating
    Nausea
    The need to go to the bathroom frequently
    Tiredness
    Trouble falling or staying asleep
    Trembling
    Being easily startled
    There are other kinds of anxiety such as social and obsessive compulsive.
    Anonymous

• I suffer from anxiety. Definitly agree that anxiety is worry, but I would go a little further and say it is intense fear. Of what? Sometimes you just don't know. If you are scared, nauseated, shakey, clamy, irritable or otherwise moody, any or all of the above; then you are probably experiencing anxiety. Some have anxiety for a particular reason, maybe you just got upsetting news or are waiting on news. Others, like me, have a diagnosed disorder. I would say you should talk to someone. Doesn't have to be a Psychologist. Talking to your family physician, or even just your friend, can be very helpful. Good luck!
    marsmom213

Answer by marsmom213 at 4:42 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• "You can also feel like you are having a heart attack"

If you feel like your having a heart attack, that you can't breath, or that you're gonna die that is a panic attack which can be caused by high anxiety.
    Anonymous

• There are many different kinds of anxiety disorders and it is the most common disorder among people. You can have generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, or phobias. It is manageable and each one has its own course of treatment. I would consult with a doctor about your anxiety and see what they suggest. Normally they give antidepressants and anxiety medication if the anxiety is interefering with your life.

Answer by gemgem at 4:52 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My hands and feet start to tingle and feel an little numb and my mouth goes dry.
    alli286

Answer by alli286 at 5:26 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• What 4:11 said . I get nervous, heart beats fast, parnoid, can't sleep. Obessing over things. Can't be in large crowds.
    Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 6:05 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Sorry 4:41 .lol
    Ann7227