If you are doing the Insanity program, please read. I need advice

I had my 2nd daughter 8Weeks ago and have been exercising since 4Weeks postpartum, but I got the ok from my doctor to start the Insanity program. But my chiropractor told me I need to give my knee (I have an inflamed disc) 2 Weeks to heal. So basically this is what I want to know...
I tried the insanity program after having my first daughter but I only did it for 2Weeks cuz I started gaining weight. Well I know now since my diet is way different, that it will be different this time. But my question is, what do I need to do the next 2Weeks to prepare myself both physically and mentally for this program? I am currently 175 and would like to be in the 150s by the end of October. How was your experience with this program? Feel free to post before and after pics. How did you feel mentally during it? Was there a point you wanted to quit? If so, how did you keep motivated to continue?

Mommy103110

Asked by Mommy103110 at 10:57 PM on Aug. 11, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• Wow thank you so much!!
    Mommy103110

Comment by Mommy103110 (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• I have knee problems and have done Insanity. It is super hard on your knees, so I had to modify the plyometric and jump training with things that were less hard on my knees. Like instead of doing jump squats, I would do regular squats.

Keep in mind that the point of the program is to lose weight and have improved by the end of the program. Most people won't achieve the level of fitness as the people in the video. So do what you can do and don't give up =)
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• There isn't much you can do in 2 weeks to prepare for Insanity...there just isn't. It is very intense and is packed with plyometrics or jump training. It is not recommended for people that have knee issues or back issues at all.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:46 PM on Aug. 14, 2012

• I havn't tried insanity- I'm in no way ready for that yet...I know there are a few girls in the healthy weight loss group that have done it or are currently doing it -they can probably give you a lot of good advice there

here is a link  http://www.cafemom.com/group/1111

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:35 PM on Aug. 11, 2012