What constitutes ugly (and how do you know you're not)?

My DH and I like to just watch people, and sometimes we get a little carried away and ask each other "Did he actually look in the mirror this morning".............like I said we get carried away sometimes. And as we get older, we're starting to see the beauty that we wouldn't have seen when we were younger.... but don't you ever wonder, when you see someone that you really, really think is just physically u-g-l-y, do they know their ugly and OMG what if You are ugly and no one ever told you? Before you jump on me.... this is just for fun because I was looking at a picture of a relative and the boy is just butt-ugly and doesn't seem to have a clue..... so I was just wondering. I'll show you the pic if you don't believe me. LOL

PaceMyself

Asked by PaceMyself at 4:36 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL! So funny! Me and by BF do that all the time! I think some people can be ugly to some people and not to others. It just depends. There is someone for everyone!! LOL!
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 4:39 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• "Ugly" does vary by culture, and by generation! But the one factor that remains constant worldwide is symmetry. A very symmetrical face will be rated as "beautiful" by nearly everyone and a very unsymmetrical face will be rated as "ugly".

And yes, sometimes I too wonder if people look in the mirror before walking out the door!

kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Guess people didn't like this question... LOL
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 4:57 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Sometimes I'll catch a glance of myself in a window or something and wonder if I remembered to check the mirror before I left the house, I can't imgine what the other people must think when they see me!
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 4:58 PM on Feb. 4, 2009