step2 kitchens...are they safe?

I mean do they tip easy or are there any other ways kids could get hurt by them?
I bought my DD a cheaper brand...it was only $20. But I didnt think about the quality at the time,I just saw it was very cheap...well it just fell on top of her, she is ok. But I dont want think to happen again. So are the step 2 ones better?

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 4:39 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I love the step2 ones! They are great and made very well. IMO very worth the money.
    Anonymous

• I have a step2 and have had it for about 2 yrs. Never had an issue with it so far. Im passing it down from my 4 yr old dd to my oldest dds little girl in about a year.

Answer by gemgem at 4:49 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• We have a Step2. It has not fallen, but we did have to tape the oven door shut to keep the twins from climbing on it. Of course we are currently having that problem with pretty much everything in our house, so it's not the kitchen's fault.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I too have a cheaper one and so far my twins haven't knocked it over. I think it has a lot to do with it's shape: it fits into a corner so I think it's less tippy.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 7:59 PM on Feb. 4, 2009