For moms who had baby boys, did any one have a baby boy with a hyposdadious or mega meatus?

After I delivered my son I was told he may have a hypospadious. I took him to a urologist who said it was only a mega meatus and to leave it alone. I constantly worry about it though. Did anyone else have a baby boy with this. What was your expereince?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A what'a'what??
    Anonymous

• A megameatus or Hypospadius. Its a issue with your penis and where the pee comes out...I am a little confused myself....thats why I asked if anyone knows about it. I did however see I spelled it wrong in my original question.
    Anonymous

• BOTH of my little brothers were born with it. the 16 year old had the hole on the underside at the base of . it cost my parents $10,000 to fix it. then the 4 year old was born like that too but his wasnt as bad. he had a flap that was partly blocking the hole so all they had to do was snip it off. neither one of them remember it. it is a birth defect that they had. they knew if they got prego again that there was a high chance the next little boy would have the same problem.
    softbalchic2004

Answer by softbalchic2004 at 5:27 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• softbalchic2004- Did they have any issues later on in life as of yet or did they just have it fixed as infants and are fine now?
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 5:42 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• its not something i would worry about that bad. i work in surgery and we do these A LOT. Its quite common. Its not something that I would beat myself up over. and usually these days if its a diagnosed hypospadius then insurance should cover it. So don't listen to the person who said it will cost 10,000 bucks to fix. If he said it was a mega meatus and to leave it alone, obviously don't worry Every day about it. He will be fine. Just wait til he gets a little older and then see if it changes, if not, get a second opinion before youdo anything. good luck.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• no neither of them have had any issues since. the urologist told my parents that the older one may have a larger penis then some other guys his age.. but who would be upset about that! haha
    softbalchic2004

Answer by softbalchic2004 at 6:47 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• my best friends son was born with itt, he had surgery at 9 months old , he is now going on 2 and hasnt had a problem since , but on the other hand he is larger then a almost 2 year old should be . btw her insurance covered it [:
    colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 8:02 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I have a group here on CM for moms who have kids with hypospadias. Come check us out! It's the Inguinal Hernia and Hypospadias Support Group. http://www.cafemom.com/group/42958

sweetpeasmom1

Answer by sweetpeasmom1 at 12:27 AM on Feb. 26, 2009