Valentines Day

So Valentines Day is coming up and my husband wants to go on a romantic weekend getaway...four weeks ago I would have welcomed the vacation with open arms on account of we haven't been alone for any extended period of time since our twins were born 16 months ago. The only problem is that I am five months pregnant and have absolutely no desire to intimate with him right now...I don't really know how to tell him that I don't want to go and I can't really use the kids as an excuse cause than he would know I was lying. What should I do?

Blaire23

Asked by Blaire23 at 4:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• I would go and after some good quality time you may change your mind about being intimate...Im assuming most of the time you will be doing other things together so sex won't be the focus of the trip. It may be nice to have a trip before you have another baby.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:47 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Tell him in a loving way. Let him know that you still care deeply about him, but you are needing to have time to feel better. It may be he will still take you, yet make the whole thing be about you. You may even change your mind about how you feel if he is able to dote on you and give you the much needed vacation.
    MsChevious

Answer by MsChevious at 4:48 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I would honastly go I didnt want to have sex a whole lot either while i was pregnant but in a way we still owe it to them every once in awhile!! but sometimes being in a different setting kinda shifts ur mood a little and it might very well spark up an interest... i was about 30 weeks and we went to a wedding outta town this past november and i was sooooooooo furious at him we had gotten in a huge fight right before we left and i didnt even want to go at all!! I was mad through the whole wedding but when we got up to our hotel room everything was different and I felt like a did before!! I would give it a chance!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 5:50 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Go! Like another poster said, maybe in a different situation you'll start getting in the mood. Its hard to feel sexy with 2 kids underfoot and being prego at the same time. But maybe some alone time would help you relax and think about sex. And if you really don't feel like it, then let him know you are probably not up for sex, but enjoy the romance anyway! Did he specifically say "we are going away to get laid"? Maybe he wouldn't mind just romancing and cuddling...
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 8:46 PM on Feb. 4, 2009