confused and need your help =/

i want my baby to have a nice name that me and the father agree on,but i only like 2 names and i hateee the one that he likes.
he likes the name Emiliano..and i cant even agree to have that name at all for some reason =/
i want the name Miguel..and the only reason he doesnt want that name is because his family doesnt like it because it was his sisters ex..But My family wants the name that i pick,which is miguel..
the second name i like is leonardo we both agree on this but his friends baby is named leonardo...ughhh i cant keep my head clear..
any advice???
(ive also been searching around for names but none are good enough ..i dont have 2 weeks left)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yea, you both need to realize that your families have NO say over the name you choose. Tell him that as well.. It also doesn't matter who names their baby what either, someone out there will have the same name, no matter what name you pick.

Dh and I took forever on picking a name. We would make a list, then cross names off, etc. It took a very very long time with our first and we haven't even started with this one. It has to be something you both like as well. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 5:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• you make a list of 10 names you like and have him do the same thing. then see if there is a name that is on both lists. if yes, then theres your name. if not then compare the two list and see if you can get a name like that. hope this helps and good luck
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:47 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• You need to do whatever name you 2 want to do. Not your family, and not your friends.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 4:48 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• i would say if you both agree on leonardo then go with that one! who cares if its your friends kids name! its your baby, and 10 years down the line is it really going to matter if they have the same name? do what you feel is right!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 4:49 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I was in the same boat as you were, in the end I just gave in. I wanted to name my daughter Lilah and he wanted it to be Valeria in the end her name is Valeria Isabel. How about the name Maximiliano?
    xocyncyn

Answer by xocyncyn at 5:42 PM on Feb. 4, 2009