If you have a lot of movies, how do you store/organize them?

Binders, shelves, etc.?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 12:55 PM on Aug. 12, 2012 in Home & Garden

• Still in their original case, thrown into a couple of plastic totes. No organization at all except the fact that all the movies are in one central location.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:58 PM on Aug. 12, 2012

• I have an entertainment center with a few shelves. I just line them up on it. No real organization to it. I try to keep all the DVDs of tv shows together, and if I have movies that are part 1, 2, etc., I try to keep them together, but other than that, they just get stuck on the shelves however, wherever.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:00 PM on Aug. 12, 2012

• Our Blu-rays on one shelf of the entertainment center, kids' Underneath. kids DVDs in the other cabinet, and our DVDs in a cabinet. Basically an organized mess.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2012

• we don't have a LOT of movies but a fair amount, for storage I decided to ditch all the cases. I went to the cheapo area of target and bought a pile of photo albums. I slid the dvd's into the picture sleeves so the kids and I can flip though and decide what to watch
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2012

• We have two DVD binders, totally full, kept in the bedroom. A DVD jukebox about 3/4 full ... holds 400 ... under the TV. And then we have a bunch of new ones that haven't been added to either place, they are stacked beside the blu-ray player under the TV.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:44 PM on Aug. 12, 2012

• Cd case
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 1:56 PM on Aug. 12, 2012

• We recycle the cases, and keep all of our DVDs in CD binders.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:58 PM on Aug. 12, 2012

• When we were on vacation in Amish country in PA we saw a book/entertainment case that went with our style of furniture. We dropped off the kids at my parents and drove back to the store to pick it up a week later. Amish furniture is gorgeous and made to last. It is solid wood and not veneer. I also have a corner bookshelf that I got at a garage sale for $5 that holds all the old VHS movies. DH sanded it and stained it and sealed it with polyeurothane to match all the other woods in the house. We use it as an end table in the living room.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 3:39 PM on Aug. 12, 2012

• Original case I have been thinking of getting CD Binders.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 3:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2012

• Bookshelves.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 8:56 PM on Aug. 12, 2012