is my 5 month old eating too much?

My 5 month old daughter weighs almost 17lbs. i feel like she eats too much. is her weight too much for her age?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Food & Drink

• My dd weighed more than that at 5 months, she ate 6oz every 3-4 oz and she also ate 4 jars of baby food a day, 2 in the am and 2 in the pm, she's been in the 95th percentile ever since she was born
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 4:53 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• my 6 month old is over 19 pounds.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 4:58 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• that's not terribly abnormal.

but if you're concerned, obviously you should check with your pediatrician.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 8:29 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• THATS NOT OVER WIEGHT OR NOTHING I KNOW SOME PEOPLE WHO HAVE 7 MONTH OLDS WHO WIEGH 20 LBS OR MORE AN MINE WAS 20LBS AT 6 MONTHS. IT ALL DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH THE WIEGH AT BIRTH AND WHAT EXACTLY YOUR FEEWDING THEM. AS LONG AS ITS HEALTHY IT SHOULD BE FINE. BTW MY SON WAS 10 LBS AT BIRTH SO THATS KINDA HIS EXCUSE FOR GAINING LIKE HE DID.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Feb. 5, 2009