Me and my SO have different standings on well just about everything, can a relationship like this work?

Basically my SO and I have different standings on things, I am political he is not, he doesn't vote wont vote has no interest in it what so ever except to talk about it casually with me, also religiously we are different I believe in God although I don't go to church don't pray often, and don't preach to ihm about anything and he doesn't bash me for my point of veiws, everything else we agree on, and actually get along quite well, so IYO can a relationship like this work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• yep opposites attract.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• So the only things you don't agree on are politics and religion? Absolutely it can work! My hubby and I are the same way. It brings great convo and debate to the table.
    Anonymous

• OP here and yes anon that is the only things we don't agree on but then again in some weird way we do, in a sense, I have just always heard people say that it doesn't work if you have different veiws on those things
    Anonymous

• I am a pagan, treehugging hippie. My husband on the other hand is an agnostic army man who could care less about being green. We have had a wonderful relationship for 6 years and married for 2.5. :) Yes it can work. We respect each other's beliefs and he tolerates my need for more natural approaches to things, just like I deal with his lack of need for it. We work together, compromise, and are just happy :) If we were the same life would be boring haha.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 5:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• It's all about respect & support. You have that for each other, & it's all good.

Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 5:42 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• If thats all that you disagree on, then its no big deal. I am my own person and so is my husband, but, so what if we have different views. I won't change my ways just like he won't change his, but, thats our right. We are all individuals. who wants to be married to someone just like them, where you can't have an argument or 2. Keeps you on your toes☺
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:51 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• You can disagree on everything except money and family. Those are the only two things that you need to see eye to eye on. Especially since you guys can hear each others point of view without becoming defensive or trying to get the other to see it your way. Of course it can work!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 8:22 PM on Feb. 4, 2009