WHAT DO YOU REMEMBER MOST ABOUT YOUR MIDDLE SCHOOL DAYS FASHION?

ALRIGHT LADIES I AM A 80'S BABY SO WHEN I WAS IN MIDDLE SCHOOL IT WAS REAL POPULAR TO WEAR MULTI COLOR SOCKS STACK ON TOP OF EACH OTHER... WHAT DID YOU USE TO DO/WEAR THAT MAKES YOU LAUGH/SMILE WHEN YOU WAS IN MIDDLE SCHOOL

txdelta

Asked by txdelta at 5:11 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ok well im embarrassed about this one but i used to wear bright purple lipstick. i thought i was so cool walking down the school hallway with purple lipstick. lmao would never do that now.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:14 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Ratted hair(thx to my mom, child of the 50's and buffonts LOL). Shirt dresses and tied at the bottom shirts.

Mind you, I never fit in fashion-wise so this could have just been me! LOL
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 5:15 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I didn't do this (my mother would have KILLED me) but it was popular when I was in middle school (5 years ago) to wear your thongs over your pants. Like, have the side strings pulled up over the sides of your low rise pants. All my friends were doing it.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 5:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• short plaid tennis skirts! i was too cute and too grown!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Anyone remember bubble skirts?
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 5:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Leather pants! I begged all fall and got a pair for Christmas and thought I was soooooooo cool!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 5:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• The "gangster phase" hit my school. You know the hair with the big bump on top, the heavy makeup with the dark lipstick, baggy jeans and tight shirts. I didn't get that far into it! The closest I got was the dark lipstick.
    Anonymous

• i was in MS in the late 90s. one year we we're all into the neo-hippy style. EVERYTHING had peace signs, butterflies, or the hippy flower on it & new styled bell bottoms. it was all in light blue, purple, yellow, or pink & we all wore our hair down straight. the next year we all thought we were skaters; big baggy pants, vans, super tight baby doll tees w/ band names, chains as necklaces, lots of eyeliner, & big baggy zip up hoodies. hmm...sounds like some of the silly fashion i see on kids when i sub haha

my friends & i were trying SOO hard to be popular, we failed miserably, but at least we were failures together haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:26 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I was in MS in late 70's. Satin pants, satin jackets, Levi's corduroys in assorted colors, Gloria Vanderbilt, Jordache and Sergio Valente jeans, clogs (not crocs, but still as ugly), tight t-shirts with rainbows. That's all I can think of. I had it all. I was lucky, I know. I looked uber-cool at the skating rink couple skating to Steve Miller Band's Swingtown.
    Anonymous

• We used to roll up our jeans and make them tight at the bottom. One year it was wearing your pants backwards. Button your flys were really popular one time. Oh, those socks and shirts where you could breath on them and they would change color. Girls wearing ties.
    Anonymous