Is it true...

Is it true that the best of friends make the best of lovers?

kristal2146

Asked by kristal2146 at 5:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• my best male friend and i were best friends for like 4 years, then we started dating, now were married and have one beautiful little girl. i dont think it would matter either way as long as you both truly love each other. weve been together for over 3 years, married for almost one.
    Anonymous

• Umm. I don't think so lol. I was best friends with this guy, before we had sex, and sex wasn't that good. It was actually awful. : / My husband is one of my best friends and our sex is fabulous, but I think it stems from us learning and growing sexually together.

My truest best friend, is a girl lol... I am sure she would be nice in bed, but we stick to a non sexual relationship :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 5:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I had a guy best friend and we tried to date but it was really just weird.
    Anonymous

• So not true IMO, seriously I actually slept with one of my male BFFs and I felt like I was sleeping with my brother or something it was gross, and ruined our friendship, we no longer talk at all because of that, now my SO and I are best friends and lovers but we became best friends while in a relationship together and its not weird at all
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 5:53 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• no and it sometimes ruins the friendship. It certainly changes the dynamics of the relationship. I'd keep that one in the fantasy category and not go into reality on that but that's just my opinion

Answer by admckenzie at 6:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I actually think the worst of lovers makes the best of friends. LOL. If i had sex with a guy and it was awful, but we got along great...those ended up being some of the best guy friends ever!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 8:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• YES! Because my best friend is the BEST LOVER I've ever had!
    abootie

Answer by abootie at 8:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• no and it ruins a friendship and I believe friendships are more important than "love" relationships.. why you ask? Relationships can come or go, friends can last a lifetime!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• sorry anon.. not gonna give away my motives on this one
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:58 AM on Feb. 5, 2009