WHY DO I ALWAYS GET SCARED?

My mammogram is over a year overdue! Lately,I have been getting this strange feeling in my breasts. It feels like pins and needles or like they are getting squeezed.

dancer

Asked by dancer at 1:53 AM on Aug. 13, 2012 in Health

• Do you have a family history of breast cancer? Sorry for just assuming that, but that would be something to be afraid of. Or you could be pregnant! But it could be many things OP, and while I am not a doctor, and if your last mammogram was clear, I do not think you can have any symptoms of the cancer cause like most cancers, the cancer cells and such divide up. For example, 1 cancer cell will develop then split into 2 the split up again to 3 and so on. I had a scare a few yrs ago when my doctor found a lump, and after he said that, I thought my hair would turn all gray and fall out! But I read up on it and the article explained that most breast cancers can be in your system for 5 or so years. So if you do find a lump, it may have already been there for a few years. Breast cancer has to divide 30 times before it can be felt. Up to the 28th cell division, neither you nor your doctor can detect it it by hand.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:39 AM on Aug. 13, 2012

• if you have a family history of breast cancer that would be a reason you are scared. schedule a mammogram or an appt with your doctor to let them know what is going on and see what they say.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:35 AM on Aug. 13, 2012

• You're just gonna have to suck it up and GO GET YOUR MAMMOGRAM!! Maybe the squeezing feeling you described is your breasts preparing for the vice! lol :p Seriously tho- don't put them off- just do it!!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:31 AM on Aug. 13, 2012

• What are you scared of?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:05 AM on Aug. 13, 2012

• This is not my fav test either. I feel more violated tha with a pap oddly enough. My last one was so easy I as stunned. BTAIM
    You need to go if you are experiencing those kinds of sensations. Just do it.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:27 AM on Aug. 13, 2012

• I know,u r right Dardennella.
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 1:09 PM on Aug. 13, 2012