What all do you do to prepare before TTC?

I am TTC next month and considering doing all of the following this month...

getting dental work done, detoxing with a juice fast, taking folic acid, quitting soda (or maybe I'll just quit when I get a positive lol, that's what I did last time), and riding roller coasters/sitting in a jacuzzi while I have the chance.

What did you do/are you doing/ do you plan to do?

Bellarose0212

Asked by Bellarose0212 at 5:46 AM on Aug. 13, 2012 in Trying to Conceive

• When I juice, it includes a lot of leafy green vegetables. Actually, I've used all kinds of vegetables and usually I can cover up the taste with a little lemon and then add fruits for taste. Even on a juice fast, people drink water, I definitely don't think they are causing huge blood sugar spikes, especially not anymore than a typical diet including soda, candy, desserts, etc.

I think it's more nutrient dense than someone eating a normal day of junk food. That's also nutrient deficient but a great deal of people (including me at different times) wouldn't think much of only having pizza and soda one whole day.

Also, the reference about juice fasting was for before the pregnancy, a complete fast for a short period is not going to kill an adult, even if I was consuming zero nutrients, so not sure what's unsafe about it.
    Bellarose0212

Comment by Bellarose0212 (original poster) at 5:45 AM on Aug. 16, 2012

• The juice fast isn't exactly safe if you are doing what I am thinking. Juice has few nutrients, and a lot of sugar. Granted that is natural sugar, but still bad on body sugar levels.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:52 AM on Aug. 13, 2012

• I never did anything special, but the dentist and folic acid is a good idea.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:30 AM on Aug. 13, 2012