(Warning very TMI Question) Regarding charting cervical mucous... adult content

I have been charting fertility signs including mucous. But, when we have intercourse, there is semen leaking out of me for what seems like forever. The obvious answer is to check and chart the mucous before intercourse, but it seems like it's hard to tell when the semen is gone. For instance, if we have sex one night, the semen is still leaking out of me well into the next morning. We've been pulling out or using barriers for years so this feels new to me. Anyone have a similar experience or advice? Do I just not chart my mucous because I can't tell when it's my mucous and not semen.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 AM on Aug. 13, 2012 in Trying to Conceive

• The best I can tell you - you're looking for stretchy CM to know you're fertile. Semen is not stretchy. If you can stretch it between two fingers, you're dealing with mucous. Otherwise it's not so crucial to know the difference between creamy CM and semen.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:50 AM on Aug. 13, 2012