ROLLERSKATING

Did you used to go rollerskating at a rollerskating rink when you were younger? There's only one left that I know of here in Long Island, NY. There used to be a lot back in the early 80's. It should make a comeback.

elainecat

Asked by elainecat at 5:36 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I LOVED rollerskating. I wish it was as big as it used to be. It was the big hang out spot for us....every week same time same place.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• We still have them where I live. Alot of kids hang out at them. We rent them out for bday parties.

Answer by gemgem at 5:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My daughter just went to a rollerskating party for girl scouts and it was soooooo fun it was totally retro looking in there and it was just really cool I wished they would have had them where i grew up!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 5:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Yep. Those were fun times.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 6:15 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I loved it! I still take my kids once the while and I skated last time.Terribly but funny!
    summerray5

Answer by summerray5 at 6:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• It was so fun! We had school events at the roller rink. I can't get my 8 year old to even try it. She says it's too hard.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Oh my gosh, that was one of my favorite things ever! I used to go every Saturday afternoon for years when I was younger. I love rollerskating. I have only been a couple of times since I have been an adult but there is one near us and I want to go really bad. Maybe I will do it as a girls night out, that would be so fun. :)
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 7:11 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Yes, that was so much fun, we used to go to Greenville, Illinois to rollerskate. Everytime now that I hear " I love Rock and Roll" by Joan Jett, I still think back to rollerskating.....good times, good times..
    armywife_2000

Answer by armywife_2000 at 8:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I use to go all the time, we had to travel thirty minutes to get to one. I had the white skates with hot pink wheels, hot pink laces and the hot pink puff ball things. You couldnt tell me I wasnt cute with my roller skates and Micheal Jackson jacket lol
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 9:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• We have Ohio Skate here in Toledo..two locations. My girls loved it on weekends when they were in grade school.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:30 AM on Feb. 5, 2009