How much interest do feel in your religion ???? And why???

kity-bity

Asked by kity-bity at 7:04 AM on Aug. 13, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• A great deal. The history is rich and interesting. I am constantly reading and learning about it, taking classes, group study. Taking notes during my pastor's homilies
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 8:39 AM on Aug. 13, 2012

• A lot. I've studied it in depth and continue to do so, pretty much every day.
    Why? Well, because blind faith isn't good enough for me, I need certainty and the only way to get it is by studying and questioning and analyzing.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 8:46 AM on Aug. 13, 2012

• I feel a great deal of interest in religion in general, though my particular affiliation (Christian Universalism) is exactly my perfect niche. Christianity, in general, I am most interested in - the history, the different ways of belief and interpretation, the different branches that have existed, the way theology and doctrine has been established, how it has changed and formed, etc. If I could, I'd go back to school to study Christian history - especially "Early" Christianity, before Constantine, but even its history in America fascinates me (I just finished one book about it and I'm about a third of the way in another). Almost everything I read pertains to religion, usually Christianity, and I'm always reading something, lol - religion really is my greatest passion.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:52 AM on Aug. 13, 2012

• I love reading and will read just about anything. Right now I have several books on my Kindle about Buddhism, Wicca, Odin, Biblical references, Hindu, and many more. I also have books on Astrology, Chakras, meditation, herbology, aromatherapy, natural healing and dreams ... sort of like subcategories of the religions.

Personally, I believe, no matter what your chosen religion is, you should read books about other religions. This is a philosophy I have always followed.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:43 AM on Aug. 13, 2012

• Well, because blind faith isn't good enough for me, I need certainty and the only way to get it is by studying and questioning and analyzing. [sharon]

I love that statement!!! 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:44 AM on Aug. 13, 2012

• It's important to me. I love reading From scholars in my faith. I read a lot from many faiths, but I've always been drawn to my religion.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:24 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• I live the Pagan Lifestyle.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 6:31 PM on Aug. 14, 2012

• I have a lot of love, respect and interest for my beliefs in Judaism: Why?

There is plenty to learn, not only about my religious beliefs, but my people's history, trials and tribulations, mess-ups and accomplishments. Being Jewish doesn't only apply to one's outlook: It is a belief that asks for debate and is open to questions and opinions: to understand how one can and apply these things to life itself.

collectivecow

Answer by collectivecow at 12:33 AM on Aug. 16, 2012

• I love it. It lifts me up and sustains me. I feel great peace in my religion. I love learning about it - it has a long rich history and hundreds of years of work with the poor all over the world.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:59 AM on Aug. 19, 2012