Need help for my lips!

My lips are constantly dry, chapped, and peeling, and I can't help picking and peeling at them, sometimes to the point of bleeding. I'm so annoyed with myself for doing that, but I really need something that's going to help moisturize and heal my lips so they stop peeling...

I've tried all sorts of chapsticks and plain Vaseline, but nothing seems to work any more...any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Health

• I work in a bakery and the constant flux from opening a hot oven to a cool room kinda kills the soft lips hopes. I had tried everything too. My grandmother of all people told me to use vicks vapor rub. The petrolium (sorry have no idea how to spell that) helps retain the moisturize in your lips and the menthol helps them heal.
    leigh_christi

Answer by leigh_christi at 5:49 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Try Blistex, it is softer than chapstick. Apply frequently. Or as soon as you notice yourself going for your lips, put a soft chapstick or Blistex on.

Answer by Bmat at 5:49 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Pure Romance makes a product called Bosom Buddy. It's actually made for your nipples but it also works for chapped lips. Awesome product!
    vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 5:52 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• BE ALIVE HONEY PRODUCTS MAKES A HONEY BASED CHAPSTICK.. ALSO MANUKA HONEY WORKS. HOWEVER THEY ARE NOT CHEAP
    JESUSCARES4YOU2

Answer by JESUSCARES4YOU2 at 6:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Try a product called Climb On. It's an all natural product originally designed for rock climbers as their hands and skin is constantly being torn. You can buy it on their website www.climbonproducts.com or if you want to share your address with me I can send you a sample. (I work for their distributor)
    skinnykat

Answer by skinnykat at 6:23 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• If you use Chapstick or similar products repeatedly you are actually doing yourself more harm than good. Excessive use makes your lips "forget" how make and retain their own moisture.

Drink LOTS of water. Make sure your home humidity level is sufficient (very dry air dries the skin), make sure you eat enough "good" fat and use lip balms only when you really need them.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 7:10 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• K-mart sells a lot of diff. kinds of chaptick/creams!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 10:15 PM on Feb. 27, 2009