Using an ovulation predictor kit as a pregnancy test?

I know lots of women have done before through research - and they have gotten a positive OPK test when their period is due and then found out they were pregnant - so there is NO doubt that they CAN be used to predict pregnancy.

Heres my question -

I am 9 days late for my period - and today just for fun I did an ovulation test (knowing that I can't be ovulating so far into my cycle) - and it had the normal control line, but nect to that was a very faint pink line --- could this be it detecting pregnancy? (because I know that I'm not ovulating!)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• buy a test
    Anonymous

• Yeah, geez, thanks, great help. ;)
    Anonymous

• IT is possible for you to be ovulating it isn't always like clockwork. Test with an actual pregnancy test, if its negative then you are ovulating and you know what t o do.
    Anonymous

• I think this will answer your question for you
    http://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 9:13 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Just because you didn't get your period, doesn't mean you're not on day 9 - 10 of your new cycle. You can ovulate that soon in a cycle. Sooooooo... while yes, it could be picking up a positive pg, it could also be picking up the LH surge for ovulation.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 11:08 PM on Feb. 4, 2009