cervix?? where is it?

ok this is probably stupid but I cant figure out what my cervix is!!! I do what they tell me online w/ inserting my finger and I think I feel it way up high its soft bally thingy its smooth exept for a little opening?? however right where im inserting my finger there is some sort of blockage thing too thats not smooth...? which one is it???

Tiffywall86

Asked by Tiffywall86 at 5:49 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Why are u trying to feel your cervix ???
    Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 5:52 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• You know those little square pamphlets that you trow out every time you open a box of tampons?
    Read one.
    HollyLucination

Answer by HollyLucination at 6:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I dont know, but i would be careful. You dont want to accidentally do any damage to yourself or if you are pregnant you dont want to jeporadize the baby. You never know if by you poking around in there you could give yourself a miscarraige or something. I know you have been trying to concieve for so long now, so if you are pregnant you dont want to hurt anything. I know its hard to wait, but you have an appointment tomorrow. Just try and be patient hon. Good luck!!!
    jencris

Answer by jencris at 6:55 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I would assume that you found your cervix and the hole is the mouth of the cervix that leads to the uterus. You won't do any damage unless you shove something into your uterus.
    MalhotraFamily

Answer by MalhotraFamily at 7:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• yeah i agree with the MalhotraFamily post- it sounds like it and dont feel weird about feeling it- i feel mine and check it just like u would check ur breasts for lumps- its a good practice and my doc agrees with me- he said that he wishes more women would take a better look at their bodies so that they can catch when something is wrong faster
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 7:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I've had three children and never been instructed to ever feel for my cervix. I never have even tried.....is there a reason you're trying to feel your cervix, I don't think that would feel very good.
    armywife_2000

Answer by armywife_2000 at 8:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• The first few posts of answers are kind of ignorant. It sounds like that is your cervix, the soft bally thing with the opening. Feel it multiple times throughout the day and you will notice that it gets more open or more closed as days go by, too, depending on where you are in your cycle.
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 8:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My answer is not ignorant. I am trying to find out why she is trying to find her cervix . Thank you very much. I personally don't try to feel my cervix. So Just asking a question. So don't attack my answer. This is to MamaCatCat !!!
    Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 9:07 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• To Ann7227 : If you do natural family planning, they instruct you on how to feel if your cervix is "ripe" to conceive and it means putting your fingers in there and feeling. Its perfectly fine as long as you wash your hands and dont have long finger nails. You are not actually putting anything INTO your cervix...just feeling its texture.

To Tiffywall: I have problems deciphering if its my cervix also but my doctor said that it is most likely what I am feeling and it feels like how you described it.
    sweetpeasmemory

Answer by sweetpeasmemory at 1:28 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Thanks !!! I wasn't being a smart ass. lol Well that's good to know. I never knew you could feel your cervix.
    Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 1:49 PM on Feb. 5, 2009