Why won't they nap after they fall asleep in the car.

Ok is anyone else frustrated with this? My kids can sleep for two minutes in the car and when I get them to bed they won't sleep. There still exhausted and need a nap but resist taking a nap. Why does this happen?

Deb79

Asked by Deb79 at 5:59 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• I DON'T KNOW... WHAT I DO WANT TO KNOW IS HOW DO YOU KEEP YOUR KIDS AWAKE. MY SON FALLS ASLEEP AS SOON AS HE GETS IN MOST OF THE TIME AND THEN YA NO NAPS.. GRRRRRRRR.
    JESUSCARES4YOU2

Answer by JESUSCARES4YOU2 at 6:01 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I was wondering the same thing
    Candice_brooke

Answer by Candice_brooke at 6:46 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• They had a nap, I call car naps, power naps!
    Angie32Red

Answer by Angie32Red at 6:48 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Because their brains have registerd the "sleep". And as you know, even an hour of car sleep doesn't add up to an hour of bed sleep.
    The best thing you can do is make sure you get them how well before they are due to nap. If you see a little head start to bobble and eyes closed, shout at them to wake up, jiggle feet when you are stopped, ask them questions if they can talk.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:43 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• If my daughter tries to fall asleep in the car I turn on one of her singing CD's and we sing really loud and laugh about it and she usually stays awake!
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 10:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Welcome to the Mammahood! You figure this one out let us know lol.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:11 PM on Feb. 5, 2009