Does anyone else feel like our country is imploding economically and there really isnt a way out?

I really forsee doom for our country. I usually have a rosy outlook and wait and see type outlook, but not this time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No, I do not see it as gloomy as you do. I do agree it is pretty bleak right now, with time and experience you gain a sense of perspective and understanding with the fact that this tide ebbs and flows and this a naturally occurring event. It will rebound, the psychological effects and the continual media preaching impending doom did not help forcing people who can afford to spend too scared to spend. If we can get some of those who can afford to spend, spending again, and those who can afford a house to buy one, we can wiggle out of this one a little sooner than projected. It's the fear imposed on us by too much media, causing alot of the problem.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 6:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Yep, but it does this every 15-20 years or so, it'll implode and rebuild, and 10 years from now, some other sector will be the new hot booming thing to spend money you don't have and invest unwisely so it can blow up again in 20 more years.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• NotPanicking stole my answer again! Geez, you really need to get outta my head! LoL!  ^_^ The economy is cyclical so these things have to happen. Just think of it as 'what goes up must come down.' Too many people are quick to think the absolute worst. The media doesn't help.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:17 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• We are going back into the great depression, like back in the 1920's. Not only the American economy is bad, the world economy is also getting ready to crash.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 6:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• What goes up, must come down. Unfortunately many people suffer from the inability to recall and learn from history, and so we are forced to repeat our mistakes every now and again.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:24 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I don't see away of of this, I hope so for the sake of our children. I really don't know how they can fix it.
    Anonymous

• This happens we are not as bad off as we were in the late 70s. It will turn if taxes are lowered for those who actually pay them.
    Anonymous

• We have removed at least one answer from this question. Moms are looking for responses from other members that address the question they have asked. Please don't post judgmental or rude answers. They're not appreciated and will be removed by the CafeMom Team.

> The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 7:51 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• The bible says "if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways then I will hear from heaven and forgive their sin and heal their LAND." 2 Chron 7:14
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 7:53 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• The Great Depression was a worldwide economic downturn starting in most places in 1929 and ending at different times in the 1930s or early 1940s for different countries.[1] It was the largest and most important economic depression in modern history, and is used in the 21st century as an example of how far the world's economy can fall.[2]

The Great Depression originated in the United States; historians most often use as a starting date the stock market crash on October 29, 1929, known as Black Tuesday.

The end of the depression in the U.S is associated with the onset of the war economy of World War II, beginning around 1939.[3]
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 8:23 PM on Feb. 4, 2009