kids

what do people think about parents that micromanage there kids and there activities...

snowmom974

Asked by snowmom974 at 6:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• You mean the parents that schedule their kids' lives down to the minute?

I think they've taken the idea of having kids on a set schedule to an extreme. Kids need time to just be kids.

We let our kids pick one activity at a time to do...mainly because we have 3 kids and limited cash flow.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:11 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I think its too controlling. I can understand being cautious but not constant micromanaging. I have never been one of those parents to attend every field trip, every school assembly and event and etc. My mom use to be a part of everything I was involved in. If I was a girl scout she was a leader. If I went on a trip she was a chaperone. It was nice to have that but I never got to do anything without her. Everything involved family only.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 8:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Too controlling and they will eventually rebel. I am a firm beliver in keeping your kids involved and it keeps them busy and out of trouble...but just like us they need down lazy do nothing time.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:09 PM on Feb. 5, 2009