ringworm?please people who has delt with it before only

my 6 month old little girl went to the doctors for a rash and they said she had ring worm on her back!!! so they told me touse lotramine athletes foot meds on it. she only has it onher back and is going away. my question is if she get it on her face do i use the same stuff or what would you recomend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she gets on her face, then I would call the Dr. They'll probably tell you to go ahead and use the Lotramine, but I would call the Dr. before doing anything, better safe. But if the ringworm is on her back the chances of it getting o her face is pretty slim.
    Anonymous

• If she gets it on her face, a thin, thin smear when she's sleeping. But not near the eyes, mouth or nose.

Was EVERYTHING she has come into contact with...all linens, clothes, tubs, towels, etc...wash in hot, bleach if you can, dry in hot.

Athletes foot is a form of ring worm. That's why the stuff works. (jock itch is a form of it, too)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I personaly wouldnt use that onher face. My daughter got ringwarm once on her back to right above her diaper. My doctor called me in some nyastatin cream. My younger daughter is very chubby and yoy cant see her neck she started getting iritated there from the moisture drool ect. My dr also told me to use that same cream on her an that was on her neck, close to her face. Anyways nyastatin cream is antifungal so if you have to go back for new ring warm or that one isnt going away ask about it... Hope that was some help.
    ashlee31627

Answer by ashlee31627 at 9:46 PM on Feb. 4, 2009