I HAVE HAD CRONIC BOILS FOR YEARS.... WHAT CAN I DO TO CHANGE THAT?

I DO TAKE BATHS DAILY,
I DO CLEAN WITH NON ABRASIVE NON CHEMICAL SOAP. I USE CETAPHYL SOAP.
I HAVE ALL SORTS OF SKIN PROBLEMS BUT THE BOILS IS THE EMBARESSING PART.

AND MY INSURANCE WILL NOT COVER A SKIN SPECIALIST.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Health

• Take a big garlic clove and slice it in half. Place the cut side of the garlic on the boil and cover with tape or a bandaid overnight. Make sure it is secure and won't come off in your sleep. In the morning, it should have come to a head. THIS WILL HURT...but...squeeze it. If you can't do it without whimping out, ask DH or a friend or your mom or sister or something to do this (my family are freaks and they all get to fight over it, lol) When you squeeze it, a big cyst type thing (the head) will pop out. Get it out with tweezers or your fingers. Make sure you get the whole thing. Cover with a fresh garlic slice for a few hours. Repeat as needed with the garlic therepy. This will clear them up and keep them from coming back. I used to get them alot when I was pregnant.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 6:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Boils are caused by a staph infection. Antibiotics will help.
    Dani32

Answer by Dani32 at 6:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• i get cysts all the time in that aera. so does my mother. her regular dr gave her a prescription for a medican wash. she says it really works well. navy-wife, ive never heard to use garlic how does it help?why?

marissad

Answer by marissad at 7:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Navy wife AWESOME INFO! Hubby has uniforms that cause him to have boils we have tried everything! I will try it on him tonight lol he is gonna love it.

Everytime we go to the doc they say there is nothing we can do, im going to ask about that medicine wash also!
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 7:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Can you clarify whether you mean bathe daily or bathe in the bathtub? The reason I ask is bathtubs harbor staph and skin to tub contact can be causing this. My suggestion is to take showers and use an antibacterial soap on the affected area. You do need to see a physician to rule our MRSA.
    ashandamymom

Answer by ashandamymom at 7:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Garlic has extensive holistic properties. Mainly, it is an antibacteria, anti fungiside, anti microbial, and also has anti inflamitory aids. Ever heard of using garlic on a yeast infection? It is the best treatment. http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/garlic.html
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 7:37 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• You say you have many skin problems. Have you ever been checked for food sensitivities? Will your insurance cover an allergist? I ask because I used to get boils on my thighs. I never had acne until my 30's. Plus a host of other physical problems happened. I went gluten-free on a hunch. My boils & acne disappeared. Haven't had a boil in over a year.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:59 AM on Feb. 5, 2009