Need ideas

I teach special education at a small school. I used to only have one reading group, but this year I will have two. I know years ago when I was in school, my teachers always had more than one reading group and we had other activities while they worked with the one group. It has been a very long time and I don't know exactly how this was done. I never learned in college because I teach in a middle school and we have never done this before. Any ideas?

PS I will have my aide in classroom with me.

layh41407

Asked by layh41407 at 1:52 PM on Aug. 13, 2012 in

• The aide can lead one group, and you the other, is that possible? I know in my kids classes(regular, not special ed) The teachers aids lead group of reading. Then you can rotate half way through, depending on how long its for. Maybe have the ones needing most help with you, then the stronger readers with the aide.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 6:36 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• Give the one group a writing assignment while you work with the other group. You can also have each group help the other. Pair up a good reader with a poor reader.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 9:17 PM on Aug. 23, 2012