too much change??

What do you do when someone gives you too much change??

Today I went to the store. My bill was 80.06 and I gave the guy 90.25 He handed me a bill and change. I threw it in my bag and went home. When I got home I realized he had gave me a 20 back!!

Would you have drove back to the store and returned it and got your 10 or kept the 20???

aDIVASmommy

Asked by aDIVASmommy at 7:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would go back to the store. Karma carries a big stick.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:28 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• yeah i would probably drive back and make him aware of his mistake. when their register is counted and it comes up short, THEY have to pay for it. ya never know their situation these days so yeah i would def. have to take it back
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:29 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• That's a hard one. If I had noticed in the store or parking lot, I definitely would go back. But if I got all the way home, it would really depend on my mood, the kind of day I had. It might be the next day before I have it back. I'd have to take it back. It's not like a dollar or something. He's going to be $10 short on his register.
    Anonymous

• That 10 bucks might cost him his job, I'd take it back.
    Angie32Red

Answer by Angie32Red at 7:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• yeah prob not maybe if it was a 50 or 100 i believe in karma but ive been a cashier before and people have done it to me so i feel like this is my karma in return lol
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 7:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• If you live too far away to go back right away I'd at least call.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 7:36 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I always check my change in the store, then return immeditely an overcharge.
    Anonymous

• I would go back. I remember in college working at Sam's Club and you would get a pink slip if your register was off by $5 or more. 3 of those and you were out.
    Anonymous

• I would take it back. When I was a mutuel teller people would give me too much money all the time. Either b/c the bills stuck together or b/c they were in too much of a rush to watch thier race. I would ALWAYS give them the money back. Even if I had to chase them down!! Karma baby karma!!!
    Mom2two518

Answer by Mom2two518 at 8:46 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I would go back some people get fired for things like that. Plus karma is so bad.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 9:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2009